All 63 art Reviews

Polling Day Pt.1 Polling Day Pt.1

Hey, first! (refreshes page and isn't first)
Anyway, to seriously review this, this is a pretty good series starter. Out of the minor characters, Norman is probably the most used, but is still a minor character.
The plot is kinda... I swear I saw this plot used before, but I'll roll with it.
The unorthadox pic, did I see that before? I think you posted it on your twitter before this was finished, right?
The cliffhanger is good. This is going to be the first comic series I'll be waiting for, because Dave the Catsitter was made while I was taking a break from NG.
The plot is good enough, as I might have established. By the way, when did Maria even last appear? I don't remember her in any comics aside from Wishing Well (I assume, judging by their actions in the comic)

ChazDude responds:

Norman is pretty much my political anger manifested in comic form, lol

Worms Lost in the Forest Worms Lost in the Forest

It's pretty good. The 4 is for the drawings, which are really good. On the other hand, the story is lacking, and the jokes don't really make it up, because they aren't ha-ha or stopped you for a moment to laugh on the inside kind of jokes, they're usually the tired ones. To go further in the plot, it kinda seems like an alternate path to be taken in the Dave & Carl series, The Abduction, which I chose because I'm pretty sure you saw it. That has to be some kind of compliment, at least for me. I'd say that all of your Worms comics I've seen look like abandoned Dave & Carl sketches, with worms everywhere. Overall pretty good, but plenty of room for improvement at the same time.

DoodlingHitman responds:

You're completely right! I can also see what you meant with that Dave & Carl thing. Heh, love that guy's comics btw.

This is an old piece however, and there are lots of things I dislike. The story is indeed lackluster. It all came up to me in the moment. I was more into drawing than coming up with a good story. I just wanted to draw and improve, thus creating random scenes in the process. I wouldn't call myself a writer at all, haha!

Lately, I have been busy and haven't made comics whatsoever. I do want to make loads, especially ones featuring Worms. I feel like, after all these years, I've gained a better understanding of what makes a good comic.

I'm not promising super quality content in the future, but I am aiming for improvement!

Thank you. :D

Zom-Dave Zom-Dave

A nice drawing, and also from a while back, which makes it TECHNICALLY better, but I like to judge things with the same standards. Should totally be a Halloween special at some point, Zombie Dave would be hilarious.

Cold Cold

@JMac96 It could've had some kind of engine problem. The bang seems to suggest that.

ChazDude responds:

Replying to someone else's review does not count as a review in itself.

The Tube The Tube

Is this the first "things not to do?"
If so, points for the concept. I also love how he's mocking the other guy.

Ladder Ladder

So he's died and gone to heaven and hell. (hell in the comic "hell") So, is he a sinner, or a winner?

Lines Lines

Okay, I'm sorry for saying this, but this is a really weak special. This probably would be a 4-star if this wasn't the 100th. The only thing that has to do with 100 comics is the weight, and the 100 icon. Otherwise, it's a typical old comic. This is so anticlimactic that it didn't get it's own icon, like the other specials. I'm assuming the 50th is like this too, if it even exists (I'm going backwards)

ChazDude responds:

The concept of specials didn't exist back then, mate.

Out of 2013-me's artistic capability, too.

Toilet Toilet

Nice! Someone should make a cloning machine that clones you by judging your poop, somehow.

Cheerleader Cheerleader

The I. F. P. B needs cheerleaders, apparently. Why does a secret organization need any kind of branding?
"How may I take your order?"
"Oh yeah, I work for the IFPB secret organization and I just wanted to give my boss a birthday cake so he doesn't fry me."
"Err... Mhm, and what do you want on the cake?"
"Oh, I want it to say, 'My favorite boss, Walter Neckbeard, happy 34th birthday!'"
"Okay, where do you want that delivered to?"
"Uhh, the address is **** ****** ******, got that?"
"Okay then..."
*beep*
"Okay, now I just need the cheerleaders, and the marching band. I can't believe how good of a deal I got on the loudspeaker! Wait, what was that speech on the megaphone again?"

Spring Cleaning Spring Cleaning

Sticky x Springy is real
Anyway, the pun is average terrible pun level, and the joke is average old Dave & Carl... Good or bad. I dunno.